Robert E. Tucker, Partner
Bob Tucker is a civil trial lawyer and St. Louis native who has practiced in St. Louis County, City and other venues for more than 30 years. He is past president of the Lawyers Association of St. Louis and former law clerk to Missouri Supreme Court Justice Albert Rendlen. Bob concentrates his practice in the field of civil litigation. His civil litigation practice has been extremely diverse, representing individuals and businesses as plaintiffs and defendants in various types of professional, product and premises liability cases as well as personal injury, wrongful death, property, construction, commercial, title and insurance disputes. He is experienced in appellate practice and has a particular specialty defending insurance brokers.
His verdicts have ranged from a $1 million plus recovery after a three-week trial for an O’Fallon, Missouri subdivision in a construction defect case, a defense verdict for an insurance agency sued in the city of St. Louis for damages exceeding $3 million arising from a brain injury to a boxer at a downtown hotel – named as one of the top 10 Missouri defense verdicts in 2014 by the Missouri Lawyers Weekly, and a $703,000 verdict for owners of a Hazelwood, Missouri apartment complex denied insurance coverage following a 2011 storm loss.
Bob has been a lecturer at CLE programs on litigation and trial practice and is a member of the Missouri Supreme Court’s Judicial Performance Review Committee. Bob balances the stress of litigation by spending time with grandchildren, in the pool as a longtime masters swimmer, or somewhere on a river whitewater paddling or canoe-camping.
- St. Louis University, J.D., 1985
- University of Missouri, B.A. Journalism, 1975
- U.S. District Courts: Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- 11 year member of the Zelda Epstein Day Care Center board of directors
- Served 16 years on the Chesterfield Board of Adjustment
- Volunteer for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Gateway Chapter.
- Martindale AV 2019
- Best’s Recommended Insurance Attorney
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers